With the Olympics coming up, I thought I'd start some Sports Buddies crafts for the kids to enjoy. Tommy Table Tennis is my seventh addition to the Sports Buddies. I'll be adding others to the Sports Crafts index as I make them.
I wince a little bit doing these buddies because I can imagine all the requests for buddies with specific country or team colors. Tommy Table Tennis was made with colors that would work for China or Spain. I will try to make each Sports Buddy a unique color scheme so that hopefully you can find at least one of them that suits your preferences. And keep in mind -- you can always print the templates in B&W and then color them in whatever way you like!
- something to color with (B&W version),
- Print out the template of choice (you can mix and match the B&W and color versions if you want less coloring).
- Color the template pieces (if using the B&W version) -- feel free to use different materials for coloring to add creativity/personality to the project (paint, markers, pencils and crayons are all fun choices).
- Cut out the template pieces (young children may need help with this step).
- Glue the table tennis buddy together:
- Glue the face on the ping pong ball head
- Glue the hair onto the head
- Glue the head onto the neck (shirt)
- Glue the shorts under the shirt
- Glue the arms under the shirt sleeves
- Glue the legs under the skirt
- Glue the paddle into one of the hands
- If you want the craft to be a smaller project, you can just print the first template and make a tennis face.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).