DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Sports Buddies: Vicky Volleyball Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
With the Olympics coming up, I thought I'd start some Sports Buddies crafts for the
kids to enjoy. Vicky Volleyball is my fourth addition to the Sports
Buddies. I'll be adding others to the Sports
Crafts index as I make them.
I wince a little bit doing these buddies because I can imagine all the
requests for buddies with specific country or team colors. Vicky Volleyball
is sort of made with the New Zealand team colors. I'll try to make each Sports Buddy a unique color scheme so that hopefully you can find at least one
of them that represents your preferences. And keep in mind -- you can
always print templates 2 and 3 in B&W and then color them in whatever way
- something to color with (B&W version),
- Print out the template of choice (you can mix and match the B&W and color versions if you want less coloring).
- Color the template pieces (if using the B&W version) -- feel free to
use different materials for coloring to add creativity/personality to the
project (paint, markers, pencils and crayons are all fun choices).
- Cut out the template pieces (young children may need help with this step).
- Glue the volleyball buddy together:
- Glue the face on the volleyball head
- Glue the hair onto the head
- Glue the head onto the neck (shirt)
- Glue the shorts under the shirt
- Glue the arms under the shirt sleeves
- Glue the legs under the shorts
- If you want the craft to be a smaller project, you can just print the
first template and make a volleyball face
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions