DLTK's Crafts for Kids
USA Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is really the same craft as the coaster, but is built for younger kids (I have a 2 yr old and a 6 yr old so always have to make sure I
have a version suited for the youngest).
You can use this paper craft to hang on the wall or fridge, or you can glue it to the front of a home made construction paper Fourth
of July greeting card, or you can turn it into a Fourth of July medallion.
- a printer,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons (if using B&W template),
- Print out the templates of choice.
- Cut the template in 1/2 so the circle is on one page and the star on the other.
- Let the child "scribble-colour" or paint the circle while you cut out the star.
- Cut out the circle.
- Glue the star into the center of the circle.
- For a medallion, poke a hole in the top and thread a string through.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions