DLTK's Crafts for Kids
"home-made" bookmarks for a special reading companion.
To add that extra bit of motivation, print out
a bookmark for your child, your friend or yourself as a reward for reading a
story about Egypt.
Mazes have been in existence since ancient Egypt, when Amenembet III built a funerary temple consisting of 3000 chambers.
One of the bookmarks includes a maze.
- crayons or something else to color with (for b&w print
- Click on the link of your choice (below) to print the template. Color as appropriate.
- Cut the bookmark out (one big rectangle) and fold in half
(left to right) along the center line.
- Glue so it stays folded together.
- OPTIONAL: cover with clear contact paper so it lasts
longer (you could also put a piece of cardboard in the center before gluing for a sturdier
- OPTIONAL: Poke a hole in the top of the bookmark and
tie a string/wool through as a tassle.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Hieroglyphics Bookmark with English on back
Hieroglyphics Bookmark with maze
Print friendly version of these instructions