DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste paper craft
that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect.
What are Oni? Oni are naughty ogre-like creatures that
bring bad luck to a household. Originally oni were depicted as
quite scary and evil but they've been a bit toned down over the years
since so many daddies dress up as them for the big bean throwing event
and parades so I think of them as more "naughty" or unlucky.
Oni are either blue or red.
Blue oni are thought to be more rational and intellectural.
- a toilet paper roll,
- something to color with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the loincloth around the middle of the toilet paper roll
just below the belly button.
- Glue the arms to the sides of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Fold the tab on the feet and then glue to the inside of the
bottom of the toilet paper roll so the feet stick out.
- Glue the club into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions