This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste paper craft that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect.
What are Oni? Oni are naughty ogre-like creatures that bring bad luck to a household. Originally oni were depicted as quite scary and evil but they've been a bit toned down over the years since so many daddies dress up as them for the big bean throwing event and parades so I think of them as more "naughty" or unlucky.
Oni are either blue or red. Red oni are thought to be more emotional and passionate.
- a toilet paper roll,
- something to color with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the loincloth around the middle of the toilet paper roll just below the belly.
- Glue the arms to the sides of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Fold the tab on the feet and then glue to the inside of the bottom of the toilet paper roll so the feet stick out.
- Glue the club into one of the hands
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).