DLTK's Crafts for Kids
I'm not Jewish, but have had a lot of requests for Jewish crafts.
I've tried my best to do a bit of research and these Hanukkah cone baskets
are what I've come up with.
Basket 2 is a dreidel
theme. Have the kids look closely at the letters on the cone and see
if they can make out the words (hey, shin, gimel, nun).
The basket decorations go with Basket 1. There are some more traditional
decorations (like a dreidel, a menorah, and the star of david) as well as
a couple favorite characters playing with dreidels. I thought the
kids might get a kick out of seeing some Jewish favorite friends (see the
image on the side of this blurb for the type of thing I'm talking about).
If you want an idea of what these cones end up looking like, take a peek at the May Day basket.
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour the pieces as appropriate.
- If you chose, basket 1 you can glue on the optional BASKET DECORATIONS (separate template) or stickers to decorate further.
- Cut the pieces out. (Cutting may require adult assistance and can be pre-done). Cut along the solid lines only!
- You might want to practice making the cone (without gluing). The kids think it's pretty neat how the flat piece of paper turns into a
- If you look at the bottom of the half circle (the straight part), you'll see the "glue here". Glue the side to the right to
the glue here section.
- Attach a paper or ribbon handle.
- Fill with candies or small gift and hang on the door of a
friend (or the bedroom door of a sibling!).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template (Decorations - Optional) (color)
Template (Basket 1 - plain) (color)
Template (Basket 2 - dreidel) (color)
Print friendly version of these instructions