DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Roll Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste paper craft
that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect. Make this craft just for fun or as
part of a Burn's Night celebration or a Scottish theme.
Please keep in mind that it's hard to make a
"tartan" that can be colored in by young children (at
least it was for me *grin*). Hopefully, this is close enough
to get the idea across!
A real tartan is quite a bit
more complicated with a horizontal and vertical weave of a variety
of different colors (an example is pictured to the left.)
- a tp roll,
- something to colour with,
- a piece of paper
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour the pieces as appropriate and cut them out.
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the arms to the sides of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll. You can fold the tabs so they stick out of the bottom if you like.
- Glue the bowtie under the chin.
- Glue the tam-o'-shanter onto the head.
- Glue the bagpipe into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions