contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft good "just for fun", a bird theme, or a farm theme made from a basic egg shape.
You can turn it into a handprint craft by replacing the wings with handprints traced onto a piece of paper.
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- glue, and
- You can use brass tacks ("brads") instead of glue to attach the wings if you want them to be moveable.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the hen together in the following order:
- Glue the feet onto the egg shaped body
- Glue the eyes onto the body
- Glue the wattle under the beak
- Glue the beak onto the body
- Glue the comb onto the top of the head
- Glue the wings onto the body.
You can use the template piece or trace a hand onto a piece of paper and use that as the wing
- See picture on the template for further help
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).