Every year we go to a Canada Day barbeque at our friends' house. My girls love making something special to show off to everyone at the party. These medals were a big hit!
- a printer,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons (if using B&W template),
- ribbon, string or wool (long enough so the medal will go over the child's head)
- Optional: cardboard (can use old cereal boxes)
- Optional: clear contact paper (can purchase at office supply stores)
- Print out the templates of choice.
- Color as appropriate.
- Cut out template piece.
- Optional: Cut out a circle of cardboard the same size as the medal. Glue in between the two halves to make it sturdier.
- Fold medal in half and glue together.
- Optional: Cut out two circles of clear contact paper slightly larger than the medal. Sandwich the medal in between the pieces and trim as necessary. This will make the medal sturdier and water proof.
- Poke a hole in the top and thread string, ribbon or wool through.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).