Young children can easily make this cut and paste craft, but even pre-teens through adults will enjoy creating this cute doorknob hanger. You can include the maple leaf belt buckle for a cute Canada day craft or leave it off for a basic moose craft.
There's also a small hanger template for those who prefer a quicker craft -- this won't fit around a doorknob, but can hang on a drawer knob, closet knob, pushpin or the refrigerator.
- glue or scotch tape
- printer and paper
- something to color with (if making the B&W paper version)
Instructions - paper version:
- Print out the craft template.
- Color the craft pieces if using the black and white version of the template.
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the doorknob hanger together as follows:
- Glue the arms on either side of the large body shape
- Glue the face onto the body
- Glue the antlers onto the sides of the head
- Glue the feet onto the body
- Glue the belt onto the body
- Glue the maple leaf onto the center of the belt (or leave it off as you prefer)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Full sized Doorknob Hanger