I have a very busy schedule and can't make a seperate, ellaborate page for each day, so I set aside time each week to make a weekly tracking page. Then everyday I spend a small amount of time keeping track of things like my steps, the amount of water I drink, or just general things that I did that week.
I also like to set aside some space to write down my thoughts in the tradtional journalling fashion. So just like with my weekly tracking pages I set aside time each week to create a fun page devoted to daily entries. Then each night I spend five or ten minutes writing down my thoughts.
- Brainstorm what sort of things you want to track: sleeping habits, simple activities, daily mood/happiness levels?
- Use pencil case tools (rulers, protractors, pencil, pens) to draw out your weekly tracking pages. Feel free to get creative with different drawings, fancy titles, etc.
- Design a format that works best for you. There are lots of different graphs that can help you organize your thoughts and goals. Try standard bar graphs, line graphs, or even pie charts (yum!).
- For daily entries, use a protractor and a ruler (or just freehand) to seperate the page or pages into 7 sections. The easiest way to divide the page is to use a standard agenda approach: a full section for each weekday and half a section for both saturday and sunday.
- Now that it is all set up you can fill in your weekly tracking pages each night and write out your daily thoughts on your classic journal entry pages!
TIP: If something on your weekly tracking page isn't useful, don't be afraid to make changes. It might take a few weeks to find a system that works for you!
TIP: Use a different theme for each week to add a creative flare! Bring the weekly theme into the daily entry pages as well to create a link with the weekly tracking pages (in the examples, my pages were all ocean themed!).
TIP: On the daily entry pages, if you have a lot of things to talk about one night you can always use an extra page just for writing. A journal is your space so use it however you need it!