This craft uses a bunch of different night sky shapes like stars, the moon, saturn, and space ships! This space themed craft is fun, simple, and decorative. You can use these adorable clothespins to hang things up, like photos or notes.
This simple craft is a great for kids of all ages to let their creativity shine! The night sky shapes can be coloured so many different ways. Younger kids can cut out the colour or black and white templates. Kids can also use the template pieces to trace different night sky shapes out of other paper, like scrapbook paper, construction paper, or even painted paper. I chose to cut my night sky shapes out of a sheet of water color painted paper!
- OPTIONAL: colourful construction paper, scrapbook paper, water colour painting supplies, painting supplies
- Print out the night sky shapes template of choice.
- Make your night sky shapes:
- Option 1: Cut out the template pieces. You will have to colour the B&W pieces.
- Option 2: Trace the template pieces onto fancy paper (construction or scrapbook paper) and cut out the night sky shapes.
- Option 3: Use different painting techniques (like water colour painting) to decorate a sheet of paper. Then trace the template pieces onto the painted paper and cut out the night sky shapes.
- Glue (or tape if you want it to be less permanent) the night sky shapes to clothespins.
- Slide the clohtespins through some string so that you can hang it on the wall.
- Hang photos or notes from the clothespins for a lovely decoration.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).