Weather is so cool becuase it can do a bunch of different things and this craft uses a bunch of different weather shapes like clouds, lightening, sun, and snow! This weather themed craft is fun, simple, and decorative. You can use these adorable clothespins to hang things up, like photos or notes.
This simple craft is a great for kids of all ages to let their creativity (sun)shine! The weather shapes can be coloured so many different ways. Younger kids can cut out the colour or black and white templates. Kids can also use the template pieces to trace different weather shapes out of other paper, like scrapbook paper, construction paper, or even painted paper. I chose to cut my weather shapes out of a sheet of water color painted paper!
- OPTIONAL: colourful construction paper, scrapbook paper, water colour painting supplies, painting supplies
- Print out the weather shapes template of choice.
- Make your weather shapes:
- Option 1: Cut out the template pieces. You will have to colour the B&W pieces.
- Option 2: Trace the template pieces onto fancy paper (construction or scrapbook paper) and cut out the weather shapes.
- Option 3: Use different painting techniques (like water colour painting) to decorate a sheet of paper. Then trace the template pieces onto the painted paper and cut out the weather shapes.
- Glue (or tape if you want it to be less permanent) the weather shapes to clothespins.
- Slide the clohtespins through some string so that you can hang it on the wall.
- Hang photos or notes from the clothespins for a lovely decoration.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).