Being inside during a thunder storm can be a lot of fun; you're safe from danger and also get to watch a cool lightening show! While you are watching your next storm try making this cute craft to celebrate how amazing nature is!
This simple craft is great for kids of all ages. The paper strips are great for practicing scissor and pattern skills. The storm craft is cute for a weather or summer theme. Feel free to let all your creativity shine with the colours you use and your favourite patterns! Plus the cotton ball cloud is super fluffy!
- colourful construction paper (multiple colours),
- cotton balls,
- gluestick and school glue
- Print out the storm template. There are two parts, the cloud and the lightening bolt, so cut the template in half to separate the two parts.
- Cut paper strips out of several different colours of construction paper for the lightening bolt. I used orange and yellow but feel free to get as creative as you want!
- Glue the paper strips along the back of the lightening bolt section of the template.
- Turn the template over and cut out the lightening bolt.
- Glue the paper strip lightening bolt to a sheet of colourful paper (I used dark blue like a stormy sky).
- Cut out the cloud from the template and glue it onto the paper as if the lightening bolt is coming out of the cloud.
- Using school glue, cover the cloud in cotton balls to give it a fluffy, cloudy texture!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Storm (Lightening Bolt and Cloud) (B&W)