Sometimes it feels like going outside in the rain is no fun, but have you ever put on your favourite pair of rain boots and gone puddle jumping in the rain? Funnest thing EVER! Well next time you come inside from running around in the rain try out this adorable craft to go with your fun day.
This simple craft is great for kids of all ages. The paper strips are great for practicing scissor and pattern skills. The rain boot is cute for a weather, clothing, or spring theme. Feel free to let all your creativity shine and make your rain boot your favourite colours and favourite patterns!
- colourful construction paper (multiple colours),
- Print out the boot template.
- Cut paper strips out of several different colours of construction paper for the main part of the boot.
- Cut paper strips out of a different colour of construction paper for the bottom of the boot.
- Flip the rain boot template backwards so that you are gluing paper strips onto the back of the paper.
- Glue one colour onto the bottom part of the boot.
- In a pattern or whatever order you'd like glue the colourful strips along the main part of the rain boot.
- Flip the template back over and cut out the two parts of the rain boot.
- Glue the bottom part of the boot onto the main part of the boot so that it peaks out below the rain boot.
- Cut out a puddle shape from blue construction paper (you can use multiple shades) and glue it behind the rain boot.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Rain Boot (B&W)