This alternate version of a Unicorn Toilet Paper Roll Craft uses yarn, pipe cleaners and googly eyes. You could draw on the eyes if you prefer but I think the best part of this craft is the hair.
For the paper only version of the unicorn craft try this link.
If you're a fan of Greek mythology, the wings on the unicorn make this a great Pegasus option too!
- 1 toilet paper roll
- white paint
- 2 yellow pipe cleaners
- two small googly eyes
- paint brush
- black and pink marker
- white liquid glue
- thin yarn, colour of your choice
- First, paint the outside your toilet paper roll with your white paint.
- Next, glue the eyes to the painted roll.
- Cut about 192 cm of yarn and fold it until it is folded the length of the toilet paper roll. Now, glue it the inside of the roll to look like hair. You can make the yarn stay in place by gluing it the outside as well.
- Now draw and cut out some wings the shape and size you want, and you can also add some ears. There is also an optional template with wings and ears that you can print off, colour (if using the B&W version), and cut out.
- Take both of your pipe cleaners and twist them together. Then, fold them in half and twist one more time. This will make the unicorn horn, which you can glue to the inside of the roll in between the ears.
- Here is the finished toilet paper roll unicorn! Add a smile with your black marker and any other designs you want. Have fun!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).