These corner bookmarks are an adorable addition to any reading collection. They are simple origami paper crafts, and children can add a creative touch to their bookmark. Creating a cute pie or pizza bookmark is a great craft to suit a food or pi day theme! Or you can make this adorable craft just for fun!
We have included instructions for creating a corner bookmark from scratch below, as well as a template version for an easier craft.
- if making from scratch, coloured paper (pizza sauce and topping colours like red, orange, green, etc.),
- if making from scratch, brown paper for the pie crust,
- if using the template, printer and paper,
- crayons or something else to color with (for b&w print version)
- Cut or fold & rip a piece of A4 paper in half. (I find that using half a paper makes a better size bookmark because it works for a variety of book sizes.)
- Turn the rectangle of paper into a square, click here for instructions.
- Valley fold paper from corner to corner, making a triangle.
- Fold the left bottom corner of the triangle up to the top corner. Do the same with the top corner.
- Glue the folds into place; the paper should look like a diamond now.
- Turn the paper over. Fold the bottom corner (only the top layer of paper) of the daimond up to the top corner.
- This part is a bit tricky: unfold the fold you just made and fold it in the opposite way. You will have to fold it underneath and it will create a little pocket.
- Now time to decorate your pizza!
- Cut out a triangle of orange for the cheese. Cut out a bunch of little peperoni pieces. Then cut out and glue on a fancy crust!
- Cut out a triangle of orange for the cheese. Cut out a bunch of little toppings (like mushrooms, olives, and green peppers). Then cut out and glue on a fancy crust!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).