contributed by Leanne Guenther
In November 2020, Joe Biden was elected as the 46th president of the United States. At 78 years old, he is the oldest person ever to be elected as US president.
His running mate was Kamala Harris who became the first woman to be elected Vice President of the United States.
Biden's inauguration is Jan 20, 2021. Every presidential inauguration occurs on Jan 20th of the year after they win the election.
This is a great craft to make for a President's Day or US history theme.
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- something to color with,
- Print out the template you would like to use -- either black and white or color.
- Color in the template pieces. I made the outfit a light grey suit just to save a little ink on the colour version (dark colour templates can get a bit too inky). You're welcome to color in the suit to make it a bit darker grey or blue.
- Cut out the template pieces. This may require an adult's assistance for some of the more challenging pieces. The large rectangle is easy for young children learning to use scissors.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Glue the V shape shirt and tie to the top of the toilet paper roll
- Glue on the head at the top of the toilet paper roll so it fits on top of the V shape you just added.
- Glue the arms on the side of the body.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the toilet paper roll, using the tabs to give them a 3D effect (fold the tabs and glue so the feet stick out from the toilet paper roll).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).