contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a fun and easy paper craft that you can hang outside to flutter in the wind on any patriotic occasion. You can substitute fun foam pieces for the paper template pieces to create a sturdier (longer lasting) version.
- tissue/crepe paper (white)
- something to color with,
- Print two copies of the first template.
- Color, as appropriate, and cut out to remove the white edges (the printer won't print an entire sheet of paper so there are white edges).
- Glue or tape them together to make one long strip of paper.
- Print one copy of the second template.
- Color, as appropriate, and cut out.
- On the long strip, create Uncle Sam's face:
- Glue the mouth on the bottom of the face
- Glue the mustache so it partially covers the mouth
- Glue on the eyes and nose
- Glue on the eyebrows so they look happy
- Glue the stars along the hat band
- Attach the ends of the long strip to make a tube.
- Glue or tape strips of crepe paper or tissue paper to the bottom of the tube to make a beard that rustles in the wind
- Staple the string to the top and hang up.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).