DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Teddy Roosevelt Paper Doll Craft
contributed by Leanne Guenther
Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt was the 26th president of the United States. His most notable achievement was as the first American to ever win a Nobel Prize -- he won the Nobel Peace Prize and for his slogan, "Speak softly and carry a big stick." He lived from October 27, 1858 – January 6, 1919.
Another fun fact: In 1902 Theodore ("Teddy") Roosevelt went on a hunting trip. At the end of the day, he hadn't had much success, so a captured black bear cub (a baby bear) was brought for him to shoot. The president said no way and the story touched the nation. Soon a small toy bear was created that became popular around the world for generations to come -- the "Teddy Bear".
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft that can be done "just for fun", for a Teddy Roosevelt theme or for a President's Day theme.
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces. You can cut out template 1 (the man) or just cut out template 2 and glue all the pieces onto the full sheet of template 1. It's up to you!
- Glue Teddy Roosevelt together in the following order:
- neck cuff
- the hat
- teddy bear in one of the hands if you like
- See picture above for further help
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template (man) (color) or (B&W)
Template (outfit) (color) or (B&W)
Print friendly version of these instructions