This is a simple cut and paste paper craft good "just for fun", a bird theme, or a winter theme made from a basic egg shape. You can turn it into a handprint craft by replacing the wings with handprints traced onto a piece of paper.
Have a look at the penguins made by Anita's Rainbow Guide unit.
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- You can use brass tacks ("brads") instead of glue to attach the wings if you want them to be moveable.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the duck together in the following order:
- Glue the tummy onto the egg shaped body,
- Glue the feet onto the body
- Glue the eyes onto the body
- Glue the beak onto the body
- Glue the wings onto the body.
You can use the template piece or trace a hand onto a piece of paper and use that as the wing
- See picture on the template for further help.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).