DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Sloth Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This sloth is a simple cut and paste paper craft that is fun for children to make.
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- You can use brass tacks ("brads") instead of glue to attach the legs if you want them to be moveable.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the sloth together in the following order:
- sleepy eyes and nose/mouth onto the head
- two legs with the pads onto the bottom of the large oval -- larger leg in the back
- head onto the top of the oval. I positioned the head upside down
- log onto the feet with pads (so the feet are underneath
- claws on top of the log so it looks like they are grasping it
- legs without pads onto the top of the log -- larger leg in back
- See picture on the template for further help
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Template (branch, body and head) (color)
Template (legs and claws) (color)
Print friendly version of these instructions