DLTK's Crafts for Kids
James the Red Engine No. 5 Craft
© by Leanne Guenther
James is one of Thomas the Tank Engine's friends.
- something to colour with
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary
- #1 is black,
- #2 is red,
- #3's are yellow on the outside, black in the center,
- #4 is red on the bottom and grey on the top
- #5's are black
- #6 is black with grey wheels
- #7 is black with a grey face and red tabs on the bottom
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance and
can be done prior to craft time (if you're colouring the cut out pieces, put a roll of
masking tape on the back and tape lightly to newspaper or scrap paper).
- Glue the pieces together (see the picture above for how the finished
product should look). It's a good idea to pre-do one before doing these crafts with
a bunch of young kids, so they can see what it looks like finished.
- Glue #2 (the "body") on top of #1 (the smoke stack)
- Glue #3s towards the top of the roof
- Glue #4 under #2
- Glue #5's on either side of #4 (sort of like headlights)
- Glue #6 under #4
- Glue #7 on front of the whole thing
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions