DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Car Shapes Craft
The "Rusty Car Song" is fun
to sing with this craft.
Thanks to Shanna for sending us this craft suggestion!
"My Pre K kids are obsessed with "slug bugs", or VW Beetles. Every
time they see one from our window they go nuts. This week is transportation
week and I was having a hard time finding a simple car craft and it hit
me. Slug bugs are very simple. Just cut a large semicircle from construction
paper. Then cut two smaller semicircles of the same color to form the wheel
wells. Glue the two small semicircles to the large one, one on each end.
Then cut two black circles for the tires and glue them to the wheel wells.
I also added some shiny foil in the middle of the wheel for hubcaps. Then
draw features like steering wheel and doors and people in the drivers seat.
My kids loved it." Shanna
- a printer,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons
- Optional: aluminum foil
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large semicircle in the middle of a large piece of paper.
(Flat side down)
- Glue the two small semi circles to the ends of the large semi-circle
for wheel wells. (Flat side down).
- Glue the black circles inside the wheel wells for the tires.
- Glue the smaller gray circles on the black ones for hubcaps.
- OR -
Cut small circles from foil to make shiny hubcaps.
- Draw features like a steering wheel, the door and a driver.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions