DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Thomas the Tank Engine Paper Craft
I have to apologize to all of you who have been waiting/requesting Thomas for the last few months. In my defense, I now have over 600 requests on my to do list. My husband keeps teasing me that I need a staff *grin*.
Anyways, since the movie is out now, I thought I'd
better get poor Thomas done... I hope everyone enjoys him. You can also find a Thomas the Tank Engine coloring page on the site.
- something to color with
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color pieces, as necessary
- #1 is red on the bottom and grey on top,
- #2 is blue,
- #3 and #4 are black,
- #5 and #6 are black on the inside and yellow on the rim and
- #7 is grey.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance and
can be done prior to craft time (if you're colouring the cut out pieces, put a roll of
masking tape on the back and tape lightly to newspaper or scrap paper).
- Glue the pieces together (see the picture above for how the finished
product should look). It's a good idea to pre-do one before doing these crafts with
a bunch of young kids, so they can see what it looks like finished.
- Glue #2 (the "body") on top of #1 (the base/wheels)
- Glue #3 on top of #2
- Glue #4 under #2
- Glue #5 and #6 on either side of #3
- Glue #7 ("head") on top of the whole thing
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).