DLTK's Crafts for Kids
George Washington Cotton Ball and Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
George Washington led the American victory over Great Britain in the American Revolutionary War and was the first president of
the United States. He lived from February 22, 1732 to December 14, 1799.
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft that can be done "just for fun", for a George Washington theme or for a President's Day theme.
- about six cotton balls.
- something to color with,
- Print out the template of choice.
- Cut out the template pieces (or make your own!).
- Color (if using the black and white version).
- Glue the hat onto the head
- Glue the collar under the chin.
- Draw George Washington's face onto the head (give him a nice big smile and a fairly big nose).
- Glue two or three cotton balls onto each side of the head as the hair
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions