Theodore (Teddy) Roosevelt was the 26th president of the United States. His most notable achievement was as the first American to ever win a Nobel Prize -- he won the Nobel Peace Prize and for his slogan, "Speak softly and carry a big stick." He lived from October 27, 1858 – January 6, 1919.
Another fun fact: In 1902 Theodore ("Teddy") Roosevelt went on a hunting trip. At the end of the day, he hadn't had much success, so a captured black bear cub (a baby bear) was brought for him to shoot. The president said no way and the story touched the nation. Soon a small toy bear was created that became popular around the world for generations to come -- the "Teddy Bear".
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft that can be done "just for fun", for a Teddy Roosevelt theme or for a President's Day theme.
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces. You can cut out template 1 (the man) or just cut out template 2 and glue all the pieces onto the full sheet of template 1. It's up to you!
- Glue Teddy Roosevelt together in the following order:
- neck cuff
- the hat
- teddy bear in one of the hands if you like
- See picture above for further help
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).