DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Scottish Bagpiper Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft that can be done "just
for fun", Burns night or a Scottish theme.
Please keep in mind that it's hard to make a
"tartan" that can be colored in by young children (at
least it was for me *grin*). Hopefully, this is close enough to get the idea across!
A real tartan is quite a bit
more complicated with a horizontal and vertical weave of a variety
of different colors (an example is pictured to the left.)
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces. You can cut out template 1 (the boy) or just
cut out template 2 and glue all the pieces onto the full sheet of template
1. It's up to you!
- Glue the bagpiper together in the following order:
- kilt (Scottish skirt)
- "tam-o'-shanter" (Scottish cap)
- See picture on the template for further help.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions