Bullet journals are great ways to express thoughts, get creative, and plan. They can be used for all occasions; even holidays like thanksgiving! Thanksgiving has always been my favourite holiday; just the thought of having an entire day for being grateful and sharing your thanks with family and friends feels so genuine! Spending time as a family to think about what everyone is grateful for can be a very special activity.
Below are some ideas of how children can embrace the importance of being thankful! Bullet journalling may be a time consuming task if you have to design and organize the pages from scratch. So we've included some templates that are all ready to go; just fill them in and build your own bullet journal!
- Using pencils and rulers, draw a thanksgiving theme visual with spaces for your gratitude list. I chose to draw a pilgrim turkey with a large tail for my list. You could also try a cornicopia, a pumpkin patch, etc.
- Once your drawing is outlined fill in the visual with color using pencil crayons, wax crayons, paint, etc. I chose to paint with water color using my favourite Water Color Paint Techniques.
- Once your picture is done, write out different things that you are grateful for. You can brainstorm as a family, and share the things you are thankful for with each other!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Pilgrim Turkey (all on one page)