This pom-pom acorn craft is a really fun and simple activity that looks great hung up on any wall at home. Given that we all have to spend so much time inside right now, it is the perfect oppurtunity to decorate with crafts just like this one.
- coloured yarn
- small wooden dome (or anything that you think could be used as an acorn cap)
- mini brown pom-poms
- brown paint
- twine or string
- Take your coloured yarn and wrap it around 3 of your fingers. Be careful not to wrap it too tight!
- Continue wrapping it around your fingers until you have a nice thick bunch. This will soon become a plush, makeshift pom-pom.
- Tie a small strand of yarn around the centre of the yarn you have wrapped around your fingers.
- Carefully take the yarn off of your fingers and tie a knot atop your ball of yarn. You may have to tie the knot several times.
- Cut the ends of every loop in your ball of yarn.
- Trim your yarn little by little until your homemade pom-pom is the size you want it to be.
- Take your small wooden dome, or whatever you have decided to use for the cap, and paint it brown.
- Wait for the paint to dry and then glue a small brown pom-pom onto the top.
- Glue your acorn cap to your makeshift pom-pom. You can choose to leave the pom-pom the way it is, or trim it into a more acorn-like shape like I did.
- Feel free to stop there - a single acorn is very cute. However, if you have the time and want to make a few more, we reccomend gluing them to some twine or similarily coloured string and hanging it up!