- 3 shoelaces (I used 3 different colors)
- a key ring
- jewels or beads (optional)
- tassel (optional)
- Take your 3 shoelaces, gather them together, and fold them in half equally.
- Slide the folded part of the shoelaces through the key ring.
- Fold the loop of the shoelaces forward.
- Pull the ends of the shoelaces through the loop and pull it tight.
- Divide the shoelaces in half, keeping the same color shoelace on the outside, middle, and inside.
- Take the outside color and bring both ends of that lace into the middle. Cross them over each other.
- Do this with the next color on the outside. Bring them both to the middle and cross them over each other.
- Continue this process until the keychain is as long as you want it.
- Once you have finished with your length, tie the bottom in knots and cut off the extra shoelace ends.
- Feel free to be finished with your keychain at this point; you may also glue on jewels (and a tassel to the bottom) if you would like! Enjoy!