I love all of the crafty textile making skills... crochet, knitting, macrame... I happily pursue one or the other of them every day. The one thing, I've (weirdly) never done is weaving. Likely because it requires some rather large equipment.
Diagonal style patterns are some of the easiest friendship bracelet patterns to start with and they remind me a of a cross between weaving and macrame. I enjoy the creativity of matching up colour combinations and switching up the number of strings I use. I love creating my own little patterns and sharing my creations with friends and family!
- You can make this bracelet with either 4 strings or with 8 strings (4 sets of 2 strings) of embroidery floss or yarn
- Start by knotting string together and taping the end to any solid surface.
- Cross the left outside strand across the others, creating a “4” shape over the second string.
- Wrap it around that string in your bracelet and pull it tightly.
- Take the same string and repeat this over each of the other colours you chose until the first string is on the far right side of the bracelet.
- Repeat again.
- Repeat one final time.
- Continue this process with the colour that is now on the far left, knotting it over each other string:
- It will then start creating a diagonal pattern.
- Do this until the bracelet is at the right length to fit your wrist. Then you’re finished!
- TIP: The nice thing about this bracelet is that you can make it as long as you want and wrap it around your wrist several times and turn it into a necklace.